Work in Progress - "The Locust" - Part II - Plus More News

It's not even officially summer yet it's been sweltering here in Pennsylvania the past few days (over 90 degrees Fahrenheit). I've been locked up in my studio working on my latest artwork while marathon watching old "Stargate Atlantis" episodes on Netflix instant. Yes, I am a geek. ;)

However, I did get a bunch of work done. It may not seem like much since my last post of a couple of days ago, but crosshatching is a somewhat time consuming process, and "the Locust" is about 22 x 30 inches, which makes for a lot of lines!

I also signed a new licensing deal for an artwork that I have been commissioned to create. I won't go into the exact details yet, but  I plan on starting this next week, which is another reason I wanted to try and get in some more hours on "The Locust" before I was tied up on this new project.

Work in Progress photos of "The Locust" over the course of two days
Ink on Fabiano watercolor paper
22 x 30"

Please click on image to enlarge.











Upcoming Art Events

Through May 30, 2011 | Featured artist at Annex 24 Gallery, 24 W. Walnut Street Lancaster, PA 17603; 717-341-0028. Link to the Facebook Event Page.
Through June 5, 2011 | Gods & Goddesses Group Art Exhibition at C'est le Vin, 15 N. 17th St., Richmond, VA, 23219; 804.649.9463,
June 3, 2011 | First Friday Arts Crawl outdoors at Skippack Village, Skippack, PA.; 5-9 PM. My art booth will be located at Amelias, 4060 Skippack Pike.
June 11-12, 2011 | 12th Annual Art For the Cash Poor at the Crane Arts Building,
1400 N. American Street, Philadelphia PA. All artworks are priced at $199 or less. Noon to 6 PM both days.




Comments

Tammie Lee said…
very cool, i love seeing the piece unfold.