Work in Progress - "The Locust"

I just started this artwork last night. I'm just at the pencil sketch phase so don't know how well you can see what I'm doing in these photos.

Working title is "The Locust"

 The paper has been stained with inks, and the picture on the left is a reference photo I took so I could have a visual for basic body shape / positioning, how the fabric falls and also for the hands. The actual figure in this piece, however, won't look like the reference photo as I'm adding a beard and will most likely be aging the face up a little as well. Paper size is 22 x 30 inches. 



Please click on images to enlarge.














Comments

Anonymous said…
i love this, the colours in the ink and the way it sits on the paper..the locust at the guys heart. look forwad to seeing it complete. i enjoy seing your works process.