An Announcement and an Opportunity

 

Lynnette Shelley, Artist

ART NEWSLETTER

Visit My Website!

An Announcement & An Opportunity


Hello everyone. I have a personal announcement I need to make:

In the past several years prices on daily necessities have gone up, my apartment rent has gone up an extra $400/month, I have new studio costs, show fees and supplies have increased, and gas and travel costs to get to shows have increased, etc. I haven't actually raised my prices on my artworks in years. Consequently, I will be increasing my prices on artworks that are under $500.


I've also noticed at shows that works of mine at this size / price point are often at a lower price point than my peers, who also raised their prices in the past couple of years. So to keep competitive, I would like to raise my prices on all of my works $500 and under. New prices would be something like: $150 is now $175, $200 is $225, $250 is $275, $300 is $325, $450 is now $475). I will revisit this strategy at the end of the year.


I really want to keep the smaller works affordable for the average person but at the same time, cost of living has gone up exponentially for me (and others too, I know), and, as I said, I haven't raised my prices in years at this point. (I was originally planning on raising prices in 2020 but then the pandemic happened and I didn't feel right doing it then, when everyone was price gouging).


So while I am sorry for the need to raise my prices, it is something that is the fair thing to do for my business and so that I can continue to create new art for you. I hope you all understand.


And now for the opportunity:

Starting this week, I will begin changing my prices on my website, but for anyone who is a member of my newsletter and who follows me on social media, if you wish to buy an artwork before midnight on JUNE 18th, you can do so at my current price points. Just contact me at lynnette@lynnetteshelley.com and I will give you the old price point.


Visit my website at www.lynnetteshelley.com to see available art.

Thank you and enjoy your holiday weekend!



Spring & Summer Art Show Schedule

See more at https://www.lynnetteshelley.com/events


​Through May 31, 2023 | "View: Experience the Art of theChester County Studio Tour" (Group Art Show), Chester County ArtAssociation, 100 North Bradford Avenue, West Chester,Pennsylvania. 


Through June 9, 2023 | "Birds of a Feather" juried art show, Duke Gallery at the Community Art Center, 414 Plus Mill Road, Wallingford, Pennsylvania.


June 24-25, 2023 | Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Summer Fine Craft Fair at Ludwig's Corner, Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show grounds, 1326 Pottstown Pike, Glenmoore, Pennsylvania. Hours: Saturday, 10-5 PM; Sunday, 10-4 PM.


​July 29-30, 2023 | Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Fine Craft Fair – Summer Chase Center on the Riverfront, 815 Justison St, Wilmington, Delaware. Hours: Satuturday, 10-5 PM; Sunday, 10-4 PM.


August 1-31, 2023 | Three-person featured show, Red Raven Art Company,138 North Prince Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Artist Reception:Friday, August 4th from 5 – 7 pm plus Artist Talk on Saturday August19th at 1 pm. Additional details to be announced.

Thank you! Until next time…..

Lynnette Shelley

www.lynnetteshelley.com

ABOUT THE ARTIST


Lynnette Shelley is an award-winning Pennsylvania artist specializing in contemporary mixed media animal paintings. Having a great love of wildlife, nature, patterns and archetypes, Shelley fuses these influences into her strikingly unique artworks. Her paintings strike a primal chord in many viewers, with almost Jungian associations to the colors and shapes. Her highly detailed and complex compositions are created using a sophisticated process developed from a buildup of multiple layers incorporating techniques in both drawing and painting - from crosshatching to ink splatter to linear painting. Some of Shelley's work (her “fauxsaic” paintings) also incorporates elements of collage in which she adds hand-colored and cut watercolor paper to the artwork in a process that resembles mosaic tile.


Shelley's animal and nature themed artworks have been displayed nationally as well as regionally at museums, art galleries and other venues. In 2021, Shelley was awarded "Master Artisan" status by the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen.


In addition to her fine art pursuits, Shelley is also the co-founder of The Red Masque, an original dark art rock / progressive rock band she has been writing and performing in since 2001. The Red Masque recently released a new studio album. Shelley is also the vocalist in Green Cathedral, a contemporary art rock band. They released their debut album in September 2017.​


Originally from Delaware, Shelley lives in Ambler and maintains a private studio in Maple Glen, Pennsylvania.


www.lynnetteshelley.com


lynnette@lynnetteshelley.com

Comments