July Art Newsletter

 

Lynnette Shelley, Artist

ART NEWSLETTER

animal art

Above: “Summer Bounty”, 20 x 16 inches, mixed media on wood panel.

Visit My Website!

The Chase is ON!

It’s almost here! I hope to see you this July at the Summer Fine Craft Fair at the Chase Center in Wilmington, DE!

JULY 30-31, 2022

Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen’s

SUMMER FINE CRAFT FAIR

LOCATION: Chase Center on the Riverfront, 815 Justison St, Wilmington Delaware.

HOURS: Sat. 10-5 PM and Sun. 10-4 PM.

BOOTH: I will have double booth #312 located in the Wilmington Room.

TICKETS: Purchase discounted advance tickets available at pacrafts.org for $8 or at the door for $10.

I'm back at the PA Guild's high quality fine art and craft show at the Chase Center this year and I've even got a DOUBLE BOOTH. Let's have double the fun. I'm at booth space #312 (located in the Wilmington Room of the Chase Center).


The guild has expanded the exhibiting space from last year so there is LOTS more to see. In addition to 150+ fine artists and craftspeople , the guild has welcomed consumables vendors and emerging artists. The Chase Center show also offers air-conditioned comfort, abundant free parking, and restaurants within walking distance. And because the show is in Delaware, NO SALES TAX.


I hope to see you! As always, #yesiamtheartist .

Hey! That’s my artwork (“Grasshopper Song”) on the official show postcard. Neat-o!

On a more personal note:

For those of you who were wondering, I had my lens replacement surgeries in the past couple of weeks to correct my severe myopia (my vision was north of 20/1500 without corrective lenses). My left eye surgery was completed first and the doctors gave me a new lens for near work (reading, artwork details etc). Yesterday I had surgery on my right eye and this lens is for seeing distance. Your brain combines the two sightlines to see well at various distances. I will, however, need to get glasses for night driving, and POSSIBLY a pair of reading glasses with a prescription just for the right eye, but this is not certain yet. It can take some weeks for the eyes to totally stabilize.

The surgery itself is called Refractive Lens Exchange and is very similar to cataract surgery where they replace a bad lens with a new man-made lens. I was lucky to have one of the top eye surgeons in the country do my surgery (shout out to Dr. Aronsky and team at Kremer Eye Center, as well as the medical team at DelVal ASC, the Eye Surgery Center, and my own eye doctors at Maple Glen Eye Care who did post-op check-ups). I did have some issues with my left eye after the surgery (the eye pressure went up dangerously high). However, the head doctor at Kremer, Dr. Pronesti, did a procedure to relieve this pressure, as well as gave me some drops, so all is well now). So I am excited to use my new eyes and see what works I can create with them.

Thank you! Until next time…..

Lynnette Shelley

www.lynnetteshelley.com

Comments