AUGUST ART NEWS

AUGUST

ART NEWS
from artist Lynnette Shelley

Visit my website at 
www.LynnetteShelley.com

HI Everyone
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I have a few announcements this month for those that are interested, including a new featured interview with me in a Philadelphia newspaper, a couple of virtual shows, and the upcoming Chester County Studio Tour. And of course, I'm still busy in the studio making new art. See below:


Newspaper Interview
I have an interview in the Chestnut Hill Local newspaper in Philadelphia this week. Written by Len Lear, you can also read the interview online (see link below).
https://www.chestnuthilllocal.com/2020/07/22/at-hill-gallery-former-editor-turned-great-animal-artist/



Some of my work in the window at Borrelli's Chestnut Hill Gallery in Chestnut Hill, which represents my work in the area.



Update to my interview: I originally did the interview with the reporter a few weeks ago and I mentioned the upcoming rescheduled Chester County Studio Tour and in the interview at  the time I said was unsure if it would go ahead. The tour is a go, and takes place September 19-20. (My host is Ivystone Studio in Downingtown, and we will also be hosting an unofficial pre-show on September 18, 5-8 PM.)



New Gallery in West Chester Now Open!
Very recently I was asked to show some work in a brand new gallery in West Chester, PA.  The David Katz Gallery is located at 128 East Gay Street and features work by artist David Katz as well as small works from a variety of area artists. I have ten minis currently at the gallery. While the space had a 'soft opening' earlier this July, the official Grand Opening will be Saturday, Sept. 11, 5-8 PM. In the meantime, you are welcome to check out the space (masks are required).

Watch a youtube video interview with David Katz about the gallery and his work.



One of my artworks, "Summer Glories", in the window at the David Katz Gallery



August Events

August 1-9, 2020
47th Annual Outdoor Fine Art & Fine Craft Show, Rehoboth Art League, 12 Dodds Lane, Rehoboth, Delaware. UPDATE: This festival has been changed to a virtual event.​
August 15-16, 2020
Art All Night Trenton. This year's show will be virtual and will go live 3 PM August 15 to 3 PM August 16. There will be various multimedia events during the 24 hour period. Go to https://www.artallnighttrenton.org or https://www.facebook.com/aantrenton/  during the event times.​

 

SAVE THE DATE
Chester County Studio Tour
at Ivystone Studio!


September 18-20, 2020

Chester County Studio Tour at Ivystone Studio, 138 Moore Road, Downingtown, PA 

Tour Stop #12 with Justin SmithLynnette Shelley, Charles Emlen, and Anna Boothe.

Unofficial Preshow Party:
Fri 5-8 PM.
Official Tour Hours:
Sat 10-6 PM, Sun, 11-5 PM. 


RSVP to the Facebook Event Page here.

This free annual tour features hundreds of artists at studios all over the county. 

Masks are mandatory for admittance and our tour stop will be taking extra precautions this year, including limiting the amount of people in the barn gallery at once. Additional details to be announced soon. 



County Collector
Lynnette's "County Collector" for the 2020 Chester County Studio Tour (available for 75 dollars during the Saturday and Sunday of the show ONLY) is "Owl and Blue Moon", 6x6 inches, ink and acrylic on hardboard. For more information on the County Collector program, or for maps or other details about the tour, please go to
https://www.countystudiotour.com/





Private Studio Visits Available
Since many of my art shows and festivals have been cancelled due to the coronavirus, I am now allowing private appointments to visit my artwork in my Norristown, PA, studio. Email me at lynnette@Lynnetteshelley.com with inquiries. All visitors will need to adhere to Covid prevention guidelines such as wearing masks, and no more than two visitors at a time. 
Please note that unfortunately, my studio is not wheelchair / handicap accessible as it is only reachable by staircase.

ART MASKS ARE HERE!



Matchy masky! I now have art masks on my Redbubble shop! Check it out:
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/?query=lynnette%20shelley%20masks&ref=search_box
 
FEATURES
  • Non-medical face masks help you express yourself even when you can't show your face
  • Two layers of soft 100% brushed polyester with sublimation print on the outside layer
  • 7.25" x 4.6" / 18.5 x 11.5 cm with over-ear elastic straps for a snug fit over mouth and nose
  • For every mask sold, Redbubble will make a donation to Heart to Heart International
  • Do not use as medical personal protective equipment
  • Adult and smaller sizes now available


Thank you!

Lynnette Shelley
ARTIST

www.LynnetteShelley.com

Comments