Special Covid-19 Update #2

APRIL 

ART NEWS
from artist Lynnette Shelley

Visit my website at www.LynnetteShelley.com


Special Covid-19 Update
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is staying well in these difficult times. I just wanted to update everyone about my schedule in the upcoming months due to the pandemic. As you may have surmised, most of my upcoming spring and early summer shows are now officially cancelled or postponed, including:

1. The Yellow Springs Art Show in Chester Springs, PA, due to be held in late April is now postponed. A new date has not yet been posted, however, a sampling of the show will be available online for purchase (art pick up will be at Yellow Springs once the show is open). Please stay tuned for both the rescheduled show dates as well as more information about online sales.

2. The Chester County Studio Tour in May has been postponed to September 19-20, 2020. My tour stop is at Ivystone Studio in Downingtown, PA.

3. The Montgomery County Studio Tour in June has been cancelled. I was going to host the open studio at my Norristown studio for the first time (along with artist Jennifer Domal) so I am very disappointed this could not happen (though I do understand).

4. While my featured exhibit at Red Raven Art Company in Lancaster, PA, this June is still on for now, the gallery is monitoring the situation and will make a decision about the show in the upcoming weeks.

5. My show schedule later this summer / early fall is also currently being evaluated. Tentatively, these shows are still on. I will post more as I know more.

A new documentary short video is now available
Filmmaker John Thornton is doing a short documentary on various artists affected by the closures and his first video was released a few weeks ago. In it, he profiled me and my solo show that was closed this past March. You can watch it on youtube here or by clicking the embedded video below. John has uploaded videos for- as of this writing - 9 artists, and intends to do many more. You can watch more of his videos on his channel here. 
ARTISTS IN THE TIME OF PANDEMIC: LYNNETTE SHELLEY by John Thornton
What Next?

Like many of us, I am not sure  what I am going to do as much of my hopes of income is gone with the cancellation of the majority of my shows (Many artists rely on certain key shows and seasonal income to get them through  the year.)

Currently I am still busy making art (for as long as my art supplied last and / or I can still afford to buy more supplies). I have already made 75+ artworks this year between my own projects and the ArtLove Crate commission. You can view some of my latest works further down in this newsletter, if you like. I have also taken on a little freelance design work on behalf of a company I used to work for and I am also looking into possibly hosting a virtual art show (I am still in the planning stages, so more on that later, but I am considering doing a show of all mini paintings priced at $100). I've also applied to some grants and some online art shows so we'll see if any of those work out.

That being said, the best way to keep art and artists like myself going is by buying our art.  Some of you have reached out to me already and have done this, and I very much appreciate it.

HOW TO SHOP ONLINE
lynnetteshelley.com:
Artworks can be purchased directly through me by emailing with inquiries.  Most work can be shipped. I can also arrange for a private studio visit if you need to see a work in person. Visitors to the studio (no more than one at a time) should wear a mask (as will I) and we can keep six feet or more apart. My studio is located in Norristown, PA. I can also deliver, for free, any larger work over $1000 to an in-state location within an hour's drive.
Etsy:
Featuring archival art prints and select original paintings

iCanvas:
Worldwide distribution of officially licensed canvas prints

Redbubble:
Featuring various high quality art merchandise 
GeckoRouge Modern Cross Stitch.
Featuring exclusive designer cross-stitch kits of some of my work.

Thank you.


ArtLove Crate

Featuring Miniature Artworks by
Artist Lynnette Shelley

Earlier this year, I was commissioned by ArtLove Crate, a quarterly subscription box for art lovers created and curated by E. R. Miller Designs, to make 50, 5x5", miniature paintings. Each ArtLove Crate subscription box will feature handmade small artworks by various regional artists. The subscription service launched on April 4 2020, and my paintings are slated to go into the September 2020 boxes. Art aficionados may subscribe to one box only or for the entire series. For more information on ArtLove Crate, please go to the website or email ermillerdesigns@gmail.com

An example of the April ArtLoveCrate box:



You can view my completed paintings on my website page ( I am down to working on the last few paintings to complete the set of 50). But here are a few examples.









SHOP ART NOW

Latest Artworks

Below is new work I've created in the past month or so.
Please click on images / links for larger views of the artwork.


TO PURCHASE any artwork please email lynnette@lynnetteshelley.com.

Shipping is available on almost all works.

Prints are also available on many works.  Just ask.

MANY MORE Artworks available at www.lynnetteshelley.com

Hope Springs
24 inches diameter
Ink and Acrylic on cradled wood panel
$1700









Feeling Crabby
12 x 12 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$450





Social Climber
24 x 14 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$875

Additional Details: This is my 1000th artwork that I have created since leaving my "day job" and deciding to become self-employed in mid 2007.





Early Spring Visitor
6 x 6 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$150






Summer Blues
8 x 8 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
SOLD





In the Pink
10 x 10 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$450





Fox Song
12 inches diameter cradled wood panel mounted to an 18 inches diameter reversed cradled wood panel.
Ink and Acrylic
$1000
Watch a youtube video here.









Thank you!

Lynnette Shelley
ARTIST

www.LynnetteShelley.com

Comments