Special Covid-19 Update


MARCH ART NEWS
from artist Lynnette Shelley

Visit my website at 
www.LynnetteShelley.com

Special Covid-19 Response
Hello everyone. First of all I hope everyone is keeping well during these tough times. I know everyone is going through a lot right now. We are living in unusual times indeed.

So, as you can imagine, many of my art shows have been impacted by Coronavirus. My solo show at the Community Music School in Trappe, PA was only open for a short while and then had to close as per the Governor's orders for the state of Pennsylvania. As of today, the Meadowood Juried Art Show (Warminster, PA) I normally participate in the spring has also been cancelled, and the Yellow Springs Art Show in Chester Springs, PA, has been postponed, but I do not have the rescheduled dates just yet.

While the shut down does not impact much of my day to day work life (I generally work by myself in the studio anyway!) it does impact me in that I now have nowhere to show my art, and because many people are hurting financially too, it does not bode well for my own financial future in art sales. As of right now, it looks like I will have no or very little income for the spring season at least. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was not nervous about all of this. My hope is that things will calm down enough that my still-planned Chester County Studio Tour (May 16-17), my featured show at Red Raven Art Company (June 5-27) and the Montgomery County Studio Tour (June 13-14) will do well and I can get back on track. But only time will tell.

So if anybody wants to help support the arts (i.e me and people like me) , and you are able and have the means,. please shop from artists on their online storefronts or reach out to them with commissions or to purchase that painting you saw a while back that you can't stop thinking about. Stay well everyone and take care of yourselves! WE are all in this together.

Some Good News!
Filmmaker John Thornton is doing a short documentary on various artists affected by the closures and his first video will be profiling me! I will let everyone know when the video is up and they can watch it on Youtube.

Virtual Art Tour!
Quarantined in the house? No worries! You can visit my studio virtually. I made this video a couple of days ago at my Norristown, studio. Check it out below.


Tour my art studio and check out my artwork. Interested in a piece?
Email lynnette@lynnetteshelley.com.

Please note, this video was made a couple of days ago. Since that time, the Yellow Springs Art Show mentioned in the video has been postponed (new dates not available just yet).


ArtLove Crate

Featuring Miniature Artworks by
Artist Lynnette Shelley
Earlier this year, I was commissioned by ArtLove Crate, a quarterly subscription box for art lovers created and curated by E. R. Miller Designs, to make 50, 5x5", miniature paintings. Each ArtLove Crate subscription box will feature handmade small artworks by various regional artists. The subscription service will launch in April 2020, with my paintings slated to go into the September 2020 boxes. Art aficionados may subscribe to one box only or for the entire series. For more information on ArtLove Crate, please go to the website or email ermillerdesigns@gmail.com

An example of the April ArtLoveCrate box:


The April ArtLove Crate box is currently on sale at 20% off. 
Check it out.

 
Below are some of the miniature paintings I have created exclusively for ArtLove Crate. The complete set of paintings are currently being made so additional artworks will be posted to my website page , as well as on Facebook, as individual works are completed. I currently have 30 miniature paintings completed and am busy working on the last 20.











The First 25 ArtLove Crate miniatures

SHOP ART NOW

Latest Artworks

Below is new work I've created in the past month or so.
Please click on images / links for larger views of the artwork.


TO PURCHASE any artwork please email lynnette@lynnetteshelley.com.

Shipping is available on almost all works.

Prints are also available on many works.  Just ask.

MANY MORE Artworks available at www.lynnetteshelley.com

Fox Song
12 inches diameter cradled wood panel mounted to an 18 inches diameter reversed cradled wood panel.
Ink and Acrylic
$1000
Watch a youtube video here.










Chasing Flutterbys
12 x 12 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$450







Hunting Octopus
12 x 12 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$450







Rabbit and Moth
11 x 14 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$475







Garden Rooster
6 x 6 inches
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$150





Owl and Red Moon
6 x 6 inches
Ink and Acrylic on hardbord
$75*


* "Owl and Red Moon" is Lynnette's 2020 "County Collector" for the Chester County Studio Tour. County Collectors are available for an exclusive price of $75 for the duration of the tour only. The Chester County Studio Tour takes place May 16-17, 2020 and Lynnette will be at Tour Stop #11 at Ivystone Studio with Justin Smith and Charles Emlen. Hours: Sat 10-6 PM, Sun, 11-5 PM.





Before the Storm
36 inches diameter
Ink and Acrylic on wood panel
$3900
Watch a video of this artwork on Youtube.







ART SHOW SCHEDULE
Please make sure to follow along on facebook as new events are in the works.
 
March 2-28, 2020
Solo Show, The Gallery at  Community Music School , 775 West Main Street, Trappe, Pennsylvania.
UPDATE 3/13/20:  The remainder of this show is now cancelled due to the Pennsylvania Governor's recommended closures of all non-essential businesses, schools, and community centers in Montgomery County to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. If you wish to purchase an artwork you saw in the show, please email lynnette@lynnetteshelley.com .
April 25 - May 10, 2020
Historic Yellow Springs Art Show, Lincoln Building, 1685 Art School Road, Chester Springs, Pennsylvania.
UPDATE 3/17/20: The Yellow Springs Art Show has been postponed due to the Governor's recommended closure of all events due to Coronavirus. The rescheduled dates are currently in the works. Please stay tuned.. 
May 7 - June 5, 2020
TBA
May 15-17, 2020
Chester County Studio Tour at Ivystone Studio, Downingtown, Pennsylvania.   Lynnette will be at Tour Stop #11 at Ivystone Studio with Justin Smith and Charles Emlen. Unofficial Friday Preshow Party: 5-8 PM. Official Tour Hours: Sat 10-6 PM, Sun, 11-5 PM. Details TBA.
June 5-27, 2020
Featured Artist, Red Raven Art Company, 138 North Prince Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Artist Reception is June 5, 5-8 PM.
June 8, 2020
"Arts and Drafts" at Workhorse Brewing Company, King of Prussia Taproom and Brewery, 250 King Manor Drive, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. 6-8 PM.
June 13-14, 2020
Montgomery County Studio Tour at Lynnette Shelley's studio located at 601 Chain Street, Studio 6, 3rd Floor, Norristown, Pennsylvania. With guest artist Jennifer Domal. Hours: Sat 10-6 PM, Sun, 11-5 PM. Additional details TBA.

Thank you!


Lynnette Shelley
ARTIST

www.LynnetteShelley.com

Comments