Pictures from an Exhibition: First Annual Montgomery County Studio Tour

This past weekend was the first annual Montgomery County Studio Tour. Organized by Jeff Schaller, who is responsible for starting the very popular (and huge!) Chester County Studio Tour, this will hopefully be the first of a successful annual county-wide event.

I live in Montgomery County but I declined to be a host studio as my walk-up apartment is not ideal for having public showings (the parking situation is not ideal and the apartment is very much NOT handicap accessible, nor is the layout conducive for doing a public showing of art. Luckily,my EXTREMELY talented neighbor, is Karen Kieser, who only lives three blocks from me and has her own sculpture studio in her backyard. So I paired up with Karen and we hope to become a fixture at that location for the future studio tours in Ambler.

Some pictures from the two-day event. Overall, I am pretty happy with the tour for its first year. We had really good, steady turnout for both days, and people were really intrigued by the idea. So hopefully this is the start of a popular event in the area. The town was also very supportive - the mayor and many of the area businesses helped promote the event.

Please click on images to enlarge.












The "County Collector" artworks - special exclusive artworks sold the weekend of the tour for only $75. Karen's artwork was called "Mind Float" and mine was "Peacock Blue". Both sold early on Saturday.










A happy customer with my artwork "Peacock Blue"








Another happy customer with my artwork "Blue Moon"





















A short video




Comments