New Painted Art Box: Bugs and Bat Art Box (Commission)

This new art box is a commission for a present for someone who does research on fruit flies. She is also into bats and insects in general so my client asked me to paint those things on this art box, and use her favorite colors - blues, purples, greens.

I am pretty happy with how this came out overall. In particular I love the dark purples and the bright greens (one of my favorite color combos that you can see in nature). Bats are also great fun to draw as they have such interesting faces. And the Mediterranean fruit fly (which inspired these particular bugs) have very interesting wing patterns.

Bugs And Bat Art Box (Commission)

SOLD

DETAILS:
Dimensions:  12 x 9 x 3 inches
Medium: ink, acrylic and lacquer on wood box. Box has its bottom lid lined in velvet.
Year Created: 2016















Comments