Happy New Year! My Year in Review

January Art News

www.lynnetteshelley.com


Happy New Year! I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who has supported my art in the past few years either through purchasing a work or through encouragement or kind words. I am thankful for each and every one of you. I have achieved some milestones in my career so far but I still have many more to go (hopefully!). I currently have some new goals for 2015 and beyond and I hope that at least some of those goals come to fruition. But whatever journey my artwork brings me on, I hope to see some of you come along with me :)

A look back at some of my accomplishments and other happy news for 2014:
1. I created 89 original artworks (90 if you count the one I am in the middle or working on now). This number has broken my record for most creative output in a given year so far. I've also sold about 40 original artworks this year (not counting print sales or licensed images). This has also beaten previous year's records. And of these sales, two of these artwork sales were the highest grossing for me. And one of the artworks I made this past year is also the largest I have ever made.

2. I had work featured in a museum (Trenton City Museum in New Jersey)

3. I was picked up by some new galleries (Red Raven Art Company in Lancaster, PA, as well as Mala Galleria in Kennett Square, PA)

4. I had a solo show at Penn State University Harrisburg

5. I had my most successful Chester County Studio Tour to date

6. I have welcomed new international collectors who now have my work in their homes in Australia and in Europe.

7. I finally revamped my entire website earlier this year - a very large undertaking! The site is much easier to use, cleaner looking, and offers more information for visitors. But don't take my word for it. Check it out yourself!

8. I had a solo art show at Philadelphia's renowned Painted Bride Art Center.

9. JAM Gallery in Malvern, for which I help run and curate, celebrated its one year anniversary this past August (which was also the same day as a milestone birthday for me) with a huge reception and juried art show.

10. My musical projects are gaining new ground: My band The Red Masque, which I co-formed in 2001 got a new lineup this past year and has started gigging out again as well as writing new music. In addition, my new band, Green Cathedral, had its first gig this past November and is currently working on putting together a music demo and some videos.

Upcoming Events


January 2-29, 2015
"Something to Crow About" 
Red Raven Art Company,
138 N. Prince St.,
Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Opening Reception is THIS FRIDAY January 25-8 PM

Additional Details: 
This crow themed art show will feature artworks by a variety of artists, including myself. I will have six artworks in this show at Red Raven Art Company. The opening reception is THIS FRIDAY. I hope to see you there! There has been a lot of press covering this and I even had my picture on the front page of the Lancaster Newspaper. See article here: 


January 7 - February 28, 2015
Winter Exhibition at JAM Gallery,
321 East King Street, Malvern, Pennsylvania.
Receptions on January 10 and February 14, 2015, 5-8 PM.

Additional Details: My gallery will be hosting a ton of eclectic art from regional and national artists, including many works by myself.
February 4-8, 2015
Art Show at Malvern Retreat House,
315 S. Warren Avenue, Malvern, Pennsylvania.
Reception is Feb. 6.

Additional Details: I will have close to 20 works in this annual four day art show featuring thousands of artworks by area artists. More details coming soon.
February 22, 2015
Invitational Wildlife Benefit Show
Location & Details TBA
Newtown, Pennsylvania


CONTINUING SHOWS
Through January 15, 2015
Group show, Mala Galleria, 206 East State Street, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Through January 15, 2015
"$300 and Under Holiday Show" (Juried) Bradford Avenue Gallery at Chester County Art Association, 100 North Bradford Avenue, West Chester, Pennsylvania.

LAST MINUTE SHOW ANNOUNCEMENTS
As always there are a few last minute show announcements that won't be posted until a week before the show starts (due to waiting to see if works are juried into a show or not). So please make sure you check back on my exhibitions page on my website or follow me on facebook or twitter to keep appraised of any last minute shows.

"Crow and Key" by Lynnette Shelley
12 x 12 inches, mixed media on Aquabord
$430 for sale at Red Raven Art Company, Lancaster, PA
Shipping Available.
Latest Artworks
Below is new work I've created in the past month. Please click on images / links for larger views of the artwork.

TO PURCHASE any artwork please emaillynnette@lynnetteshelley.com.
Layaway is available on all artworks over $300.
Shipping also available on all works.
Prints are also available on many works starting at $30 plus shipping. Just ask.
MANY MORE Artworks available atwww.lynnetteshelley.com

Luna Moth

16 x 20 inches
Mixed media on Aquabord,
$950 framed for sale




King Cobra
8 x 8 inches, mixed media on wood panel
$185 for sale




In the Moon Rabbit's Garden

16 x 20 inches
Mixed Media on Aquabord
SOLD




Green Sea Turtle
6 x 6 inches
Mixed Media on Hardboard
$125 framed for sale





Elephant and Castle
6 x 6 inches
Mixed Media on Hardboard
$125 framed for sale





Uprising
24 x 18 inches,
mixed media on Aquabord
$1250 for sale.






LOTS MORE ART @ lynnetteshelley.com


Thank you!

Lynnette

Comments