Art Gourds

So earlier this month I made my first "art gourd" and since then I've created a couple of more of them. Painting and decorating dried gourds is an old tradition among indigenous and folk artists, and I've seen some wonderful contemporary examples of this art form as well. I decided to try painting on some as I would get to work with some natural materials as well as have a new medium that would allow me to translate my art onto a 3D surface. I really liked the feel of working on the gourds so I will making a few more which I will be selling exclusively either direct from myself or my gallery (JAM Gallery in Malvern, PA)

More info below.

Art Gourd Series
Ink and Acrylic on Dried Gourds.
Gourds vary in size / shape but measure between 7-10 inches tall and 4-6 inches in diameter. Varnished to a high gloss shine.

Custom Orders: You can order one for yourself by specifying any background color and whether you want a bird, beast, fish or reptile design. Please note the dried gourds vary in shape and each one is uniquely shaped.

$135 each plus shipping.

Below are photographs of the first three I have made so far. Gourd No. 2 was gifted as a present to my parents so that is no longer available for sale, but Gourds No. 1 and 3 are currently on display and sale at JAM Gallery in Malvern, PA.

To purchase these please contact myself or the gallery. Please click on an image to enlarge

Art Gourd No. 1: Running Bird  (red gourd) - Available for sale as of 12/26/13
Art Gourd No. 2: Two Fish  (green gourd) - No Longer Available for Sale
Art Gourd No. 3: Tripedal Beast (blue gourd) - Available for sale as of 12/26/13

















































Comments