December 2013 Art News and Events

Happy December! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday breaks and getting time to spend with loved ones or to just relax and enjoy themselves. But there is no rest of the wicked, hence my jam-packed show schedule in December and January. I hope to see you all at one of my upcoming events!

Through December 29, 2013
The Art of It, 315 Old York Road, Jenkintown, PA. Reception on December 13, 6-9 PM. I share a wall with artist Tanya Bhagwat at this new gallery in downtown Jenkintown (See photo below). This is my last month at the gallery (at least until spring) so if you live in the area and want to see my work there, now is the time to go!
December 1, 2013 - January 4, 2014
Blank Canvas Gallery, 19A West Bridge Street, New Hope, PA. I will have a bunch of smaller works for sale at this holiday show.
December 6, 2013 - February 2, 2014
Holiday Exhibition at JAM Gallery, 321 East King Street, Malvern, PA. Opening Reception: December 6, 5-8 PM.
This is a group show at the new gallery I launched in August 2013 with owner / artist Melanie Fisher. The gallery features three rooms, two featuring works by rotating regional and national artists, and one room featuring both my work and Melanie's. 
January 3 - February 16, 2014
"Menagerie" Solo Art Show, Painted Bride Art Center, Cafe Gallery, 230 Vine Street, Philadelphia, PA. Additional Details TBA very shortly but there will be a first friday reception on January 3, 2014.
Note: this is a solo show at a prestigious Old City Philadelphia venue. If you are only going to come out to one show this year by me, please come out to this one :)
January 29 - February 2, 2014
Juried Art Show at Malvern Retreat House, 315 S. Warren Ave., Malvern, PA. This annual juried art show features some of the top regional artists in the area; I will have four larger works and 8 'minis' on sale at the show. The opening reception will be Jan. 31. 



Work by Lynnette Shelley and Tanya Bhagwat at The Art of It in Jenkintown, PA



Melanie Fisher and Lynnette Shelley at JAM Gallery in Malvern, PA.
www.jamgallerymalvern.com


Updated Print Shop

I have finally updated my website's online store front for sales of prints of my artwork. I've updated newer pieces on the page as well as retired some older works, however, if you would like of an artwork of mine made available as a print and you do not see it listed, just ask me.

To purchase archival art prints from me, please click here. Prices range from $30 for a matted 8x10" print (matte size is 11 x 14") to 13 x 19" prints on watercolor paper for $60 to $99 for a limited edition 12 x 16" print of "The Union" on velvet fine art paper.




"Sunset Tiger" by Lynnette Shelley. Both the original artwork and prints are available.

New Art

The following are my latest artworks created in the past couple of months. To view a full list of available artworks for sale, please go to lynnetteshelley.com/originals.html .



Flight of the Bumblebee (mini)
5 x 7 inches, ink and acrylic on Aquabord



Caravan of Dreams
18 x 24 inches, oil pastels and acrylic on Pastelbord



Suncatchers, 
16 x 20 inches, mixed media on Aquabord



Flight of the Bumblebee
8 x 8 inches, ink and acrylic on Aquabord



Masked Autumn
16 x 20 inches, mixed media on Aquabord



The Berry Thief
11 x 14 inches, mixed media on Aquabord



Fireflight
22 x  30 inches, mixed media on Aquabord



Painted Elephant, Running
11 x 14 inches, mixed media on Aquabord



The Sacrifice (Sacred Pelican)
9 x 12 inches, mixed media on Gessobord



Harvest Moon Hare,
8 x 8 inches, mixed media on Aquabord


LOTS MORE ART @
www.lynnetteshelley.com

Comments