Halloween 2013

Autumn is my favorite time of year and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. So I love to combine this time of year with art and creativity. Last night was the artist reception / masquerade ball at "Art of Darkness", a Halloween themed show that takes place annually at Artworks in Trenton, NJ. I had three pieces in the show, as did my husband, Brandon Lord Ross. So we got dressed up (as Nature Spirits) and went to the reception, which was cool, as it took place at the spacious studio and gallery space Artworks hosts. The party featured tons of costumes, a fun band from Boston called Ghostbox Orchestra and even Steampunk bellydancers.

Some (poorly lit) photos below. Please click on pics to enlarge.












Better images of my art at the show

Flying Fox At Rest

The Night-Mare

The Black Cat (Edgar Allen Poe)

And today was Malvern's Halloween Parade so Melanie Fisher and I had a trick or treating event at our JAM Gallery in Malvern. Brandon also came along to entertain as a mysterious masked musician. I had a second go at painting my face with a butterfly. l think this try came out nicer. I also got better photos of the results in the daylight. I used a combination of facepaint, eyeshadow and eyeliner and my  mom made the headpiece. (thanks Mom!). Melanie went as a cool cat.

Please click in images to enlarge.



















Comments