October Art Shows & Events

Happy October! This is absolutely my favorite time of year as the weather cools down and the trees change their color. I hope that some of you will share this October with me by visiting one of my upcoming art shows and events. I have shows and events on both the East Coast and the West Coast this month

Through November 30, 2013
The Art of It, 315 Old York Road, Jenkintown, PA. First Wednesday reception October 2, 6-9 PM. The Art of It is a new gallery that I am working with and I am sharing wall space with talented artist Tanya Bhagwat, whose amazing contemporary oil paintings of horses on linen and fabric are fluid, dynamic and expressive

October 1-26, 2013
Bold Expressions Juried Art Show, Sacramento Fine Arts Center, 5330-B Gibbons Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608. Second Saturday Reception for the Sacramento Art Walk on October 12, 2013, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Reception with an awards presentation on Saturday, October 26th from 1:00PM-3:00PM

October 4 - December 1, 2013
JAM Gallery, 321 East King Street, Malvern, PA. Opening Reception: October 4, 5-7 PM. Friday Reception Nov. 1, 5-8 PM. This is the new gallery I helped launch this past August. My work will be on permanent display in one of the gallery rooms (with work rotating out on an ongoing basis), which I will share with artist / Gallery owner Melanie Fisher. The other gallery rooms will showcase work by regional and national artists. All work is for sale. If you have not come out to our gallery yet, it is a must-see if I do say so myself :) The quality of the work by the guests artists are amazing. Melanie and I strive to pick the most unique and high quality work that we can find for our new gallery. I hope that you can come and visit and take in some of the art.

October 4-13, 2013
Daylesford Abbey Art Show, 220 S Valley Rd, Paoli, PA. Open Daily Noon to 4 PM. Opening Reception October 4., 6-8 PM

October 5-6, 2013
Arts Festival Reading, Goggleworks Center for the Arts, 140 N. 3rd Street, Reading, PA. 10-5 PM Daily. $8 Admission.

October 5 – November 2, 2013
"Art of Darkness" Juried Halloween Exhibit at Artworks, 19 Everett Alley, Trenton, NJ. Reception / Monsters Ball, October 26, 8 PM. Click here for tickets for Monster's Ball.

"Samhain" by Lynnette Shelley, now on display and sale at JAM Gallery in Malvern, PA

Comments