"Samhain" Awarded First Place at ART OF DARKNESS

I am excited to announce that the jury award winners for the upcoming ART OF DARKNESS exhibit at Artworks in Trenton, NJ have been announced and my artwork "Samhain" won first place. You can see "Samhain" as well as my two other pieces, "Augury Ex Avibus" and "The Dogs of War", as well as many other artworks by a ton of other artists at the show, which runs Oct. 27 - Nov. 3, 2012. The opening reception kicks off with a Monster's Ball, which features, in addition to the artwork, costume contests, food, drinks, movie screenings, live music and dance troupes, and more. Full details here.

I'll be attending the ball in costume - my invaluable costume designing friend Lilana is helping me out with a super cool headpiece for the show. I'll post pictures after the event.

"Samhain" (2012)  by Lynnette Shelley
24 x 18 inches
oil pastels, acrylic, colored pencils on pastelboard

Comments