Art Show Recaps: AZUCAR! and POST at the RDC
From all accounts, the group show I took part in at the Art6 Gallery in Richmond, VA, was a huge success. According to some witnesses, there were over 1000 people at the AZUCAR reception over the course of the evening. The reception featured live jazz as well as the Latin Ballet of Virginia. Another artist friend of mine, Arthur Brill, posted on his Blog about the hispanic-themed show. Arthur lives in the area and was kind enough to do a little reporting and photography from the show, which was curated by Helene Ruiz, and featured international and national artworks, including my own piece, "The Bird of Truth" (which was inspired by a Spanish fairytale). Link to the blog post by Arthur Brill.
In addition, this weekend was the group show organized by the Manayunk Roxborough Art Center (MRAC) at the Roxborough Development Corp. (RDC) for the Philadelphia Open Studio Tours (POST). The show featured mainly regional Philadelphia area artists. In particular I was impressed with the sculpture they have on display at the show.
I myself have two pieces at the RDC, including "Three Hares" and "Green Tree Dragon". Here are both the pieces. I'll leave it to you to decide which one is which.... ;)
















Comments