Work in Progress: Book Cover Commission

I've currently been working on some sketches for what will be the book cover design for the first book of a trilogy by an author based out of Arizona. I will also be designing books two and three, but the first book is getting re-released in the fall. I'll release more details on the project once it's complete, but I can say it's a historical fiction series that takes place in Ancient Rome.

Here are some mockup rough sketches for the front and back cover wrap. I will start cleaning up lines and coloring in the images today. I used a blue pastel paper to help "pop" the colors of the peacock more when I start coloring it in with pastels.

The guidelines show where the book spine will be.

Details:








Comments

Wow! This a beautiful sketch! The book sounds really interesting, too!