Work in Progress: The Cockatrice (part II)

To see part I of this  blog entry, click here.

I worked some more on my new artwork, "The Cockatrice," over the past couple of days. I should hopefully be able to finish this tonight and get final photos of it tomorrow.

Someone commented to me before about the "tediousness" of my process (lol). I guess it is a somewhat exacting process to a certain extent because of the detail work, but I find it does not bother me. I listen to music or have movies on in the background while I work and whole days or evenings can go by without me noticing it too much. I think most hand-made work (whether it's building something by hand, sewing clothes or making an artwork have some tediousness to the process, but I find it much more satisfying to do than I ever had in doing something digitally. (This is not to say that I eschew all digital work, and I do find that it that it has its own complexities and difficulties when I work with it, but, at least for me, using my hands to make something is more satisfying in the long run. It has a certain zen appeal that I do not find with computers). In other words, for me, digital work is useful and practical in many instances, but I find hand-drawn work more "fun".

Anyway, enough about that. Here are my work in progress photos.

The Cockatrice (work in progress)
16 x 20 inches
Mixed media on art board





Comments

I never tire of your work and am just loving the movement, lines and feel of this work.....Also really like the greys which I think can be underused.....
thanks very much. I finished the artwork earlier today. I'll try and have some photos of the finished work tomorrow