Latest Artwork: Coronation of the Forest King

I spent about ten hours straight working on this piece yesterday (for a total of about 22 hours or so or labor alltogether) and now it's finally complete. See my previous blog posts to view the work in progress photos. 

In this artwork I am using the stag to represent Nature / The forest / The Primal World and he is being anointed by the orbs with the powers of Nature. The blue orb represents the world. I used three orbs because three is a sacred number in many myths / religions / cultures.

"Coronation of the Forest King"
36 x 24 inches
mixed media and collage on art board

Visit my website at www.lynnetteshelley.com to view more of my artwork and artwork sales.









Update: I decided to tweak the blue orb in the center of the picture. I added tiles to represent the cardinal points as well as the four seasons. 

Revised photos below.














Comments

I love this work, you have a wonderful and unique style......Well done, looking forward to seeing more of your work..........