May Newsletter

"Arabesque", on display at Annex 24 Gallery in Lancaster for the month of May


This Month’s Events
April showers bring May flowers, or in my case, May shows! I’ve got three different art events in the works this month – I hope to see you at one of them! 

May 1-31, 2011
Featured artist at Annex 24 Gallery
24 W. Walnut Street Lancaster, PA 17603; 717-341-0028.
First Friday Reception is on May 6, 5-9 PM.
Also part of the Spring Art Walk on May 7, 10 am to 5 pm & May 8, noon to 4 pm.

I will have 16 originals for display / sale at this fun and friendly gallery in the arts district of downtown Lancaster.

May 13-22, 2011
28th Annual Immaculata University Art Show
1145 King Road, Immaculata, PA.
 Preview Party (entrance by ticket only) is on May 13th
Open to the public May 14-22.

I will have ten originals and 15 portfolio pieces on display / sale at this premier art event.

May 13-June 5, 2011
Gods & Goddesses Group Art Exhibition at C'est le Vin,
15 N. 17th St., Richmond, VA, 23219; 804.649.9463
Art opening reception is on May 13.
My artwork “Young Carravogue” will be on display / sale at this themed group show.


Some of my "minis" that will be on display at Immaculata in May
Interview
In addition, my band, The Red Masque, will be playing this Sunday, May 1,  at a club called The Fire in PhiladelphiaLink to the facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186057758104314

Read an interview with me about my band in today’s Philadelphia City Paper: http://www.citypaper.net/music/2011-04-28-the-red-masque.html.
For more information on The Red Masque, please visit www.theredmasque.com

Latest Artworks & Online Tutorial
I have started a new series of artworks this past month, inspired by animal totems. These mixed media pieces incorporate paper collage, acrylic, ink, coffee and red wine on 12 x 12-inch wood panels. Three of this series will be on display at Annex 24 Gallery this month. You can view all of the artworks from this series on my website at:  http://lynnetteshelley.com/animal-totems.html . Currently I have four created, but will be making more in the coming months.

You can view a tutorial on the making of Totem III on my blog here: http://lynnetteshelley.blogspot.com/2011/04/latest-artwork-totem-iii.html


Totem I, Totem II and Totem III

More April Artworks:






Above top: The Rat King, Mixed Media on Watercolor Board
Above: The Kingdom, Mixed Media on Wood Panel (on display at Annex 24 Gallery in Lancaster in May)

Comments