New WIP: "Green Cathedral" or "The Elk King"

I’m tentatively titling this “Green Cathedral” or possibly “The Elk King” but the name may very well change once the artwork gets fleshed out some more.
Below are some sketches of my newest artwork in progress. The idea behind it was to do almost like a frame (ala stained glass window) behind the posed head of an elk, who is representing the spirit of the forest / nature.
Tomorrow I am going to attempt to make a time-lapse video of me coloring in the artwork. This will probably take a few days (a couple of days on the artwork, then some video editing by my friend). So if all goes well, I’ll post the video up here when it’s done.
I tweaked up the contrast on these photos so you could see the line work better.

The initial pencil sketch of just the elk’s head and the border of the frame.

Detail of elk’s head

The drawing table

The mostly finalized sketch

Comments