WIP: Dragon Dance

I've been crazy busy lately (what with preparing for a  move next week and doing some consulting web design work at The American College for the past few weeks AND the two August art shows AND preparing for two more art shows in September), but I decided enough was enough and I needed to get some more art time in.

This will probably be my last piece before the big move, and then I'll need a little time to get my new work space in order, but I'm excited about having my own space to create art in. I am probably going to start doing oil paintings again, which is something I have not done in a while.

I'm also thinking of doing a series inspired by carousel horses. I also saw some freakish bugs and deep sea creatures today at an exhibit at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philly, and that got the gears working as well so you may very well see some tropical bug or possibly a freaky angler fish in the near future as well!

But in the meantime, here are some work in progress (WIP) photos of my latest piece, "Dragon Dance".
Measures about 12 x 19 inches.

Please click on any picture to view larger.




Comments