Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I plan on writing about my art, and art and design in general, as well as music and other topics of interest: movies, books, bands, Cthulhu, the insanity that is the city of Philadelphia, etc.

I’ll start things off with some details about an upcoming art show of mine: One June 7th I will be taking part in a multiple-disciplinary arts festival at Koresh Dance Studio, 2020 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA; 215-751-0959. Showings at 6 and 8 PM. I am going to bring a long three artworks, including “The Lemur”, a just-completed illustration featuring a very colorful lemur; as well as “The Eagle,” a previously created work. I am also hard at work finishing up “The Green Dragon” for this show as well. I’ll post some pics here shortly of these….

Also, back at the Redeye Design home office, I’ve been working on finishing up a new website for a client - sculptor Bernard Corman, better known as Bernardo. Bernardo has some amazing automotive art - it’s a bit hard to describe, but think of a muscle car mixed with skeletons, fish, and maybe a large posterior or two :) Click here to see what I’m talking about. The site is not quite ready yet, but I’m excited for it to be finished. Some people who collect Bernardo’s sculptures include: Elton John, Steven King, and even members of Blondie.

I’ve also finished up the design work for my band, The Red Masque’s latest CD packaging. Now it has to go to the printers. I’m looking forward to finally getting this album complete after almost two years of superhuman effort on the part of the band….

I also just saw the movie “Iron Man”, and recommend it. Robert Downey Jr. gives a really nice performance. Parts of the movie drag a tiny bit towards the end, but overall it’s a pretty solid comic book flick. I don't know if I can say the same about the new “Hulk” based off the previews. I am so sick of CGI generated monsters running amock in Hollywood. But who knows, maybe it’ll surprise.

Lynnette

Comments