Lemurs on the Loose

I have finally gotten some photos of one of my most recent works: "The Lemur". I am going to get it matted and framed next week and I'll have ready for my next art show on June 7 (see first post on this blog or else visit my exhibition schedule page on my design site for details).

Similar in style to another recent artwork of mine, "Sadie", I created "The Lemur" with pen and ink, silver paint, and colored pencils. I've attached some images of the work in progress (my cat is not very impressed, as you can see), as well as the final image. The final, unframed, artwork is approximately 18" x 24".













Currently I am working on a piece called "Green Dragon." It may or may not be green, and involve a dragon! Clearly, creative titles are not my strong suit. After that, I am trying to decide on my next subject.

So I'm taking a poll for my next idea. Would you rather see an artwork of:

a) a leopard or tiger
b) a Griffin
c) some sort of sea life (shark, eel, a toxic nudibranch perhaps?)
b) a gibbon or some sort of monkey
d) fill in the blank

Send your requests to redeye (at) designbyredeye (dot) com. And if anybody knows how to post a poll that you can vote on this blogger thingee, let me know too, me being the contrary Luddite that I am, I have never blogged before this week ;)
Lynnette

Comments