Happy New Year!



Lynnette Shelley, Artist
Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconYouTube iconPinterest iconWebsite iconEmail icon

Happy New Year!

Whew! We made it! I think we are all breathing a collective sigh of relief as we start the new calendar year. We still have lots of challenges ahead but the light is at the end of the tunnel, at least. As I reflect on this past year I realize there were many good moments mixed in with the bad. I hope you are able to say the same as well, and if not, I hope things improve for you this year.

So, counting my blessings for 2020, I will start with some numbers. 2020 was my 13th year in business. I remember saying at the start of the year that I hoped it would be lucky 13. So I apologize for jinxing everyone! That being said, in many ways, I had good luck this year. First of all, my family and I are still healthy, and my business is still rocking (which is not something I thought would be possible during the beginning months of the pandemic when thought my art business was most likely going to be a casualty).

SOME HAPPY STATS: This year I created 195 paintings (on an average year I make about 90). I also SOLD 137 original paintings, which is about twice as much as average. I also had my highest sales at this past year’s Chester County Studio Tour with sales of 23 original paintings. I also had my first wholesale order this past year, with the purchase of 50 miniature paintings by ArtLoveCrate. In addition, I created 10 commissions for clients this year, as well as hosted 2 virtual art shows on my website (12 Hours of Minis), selling a total of 21 paintings through them. I hope to do some more of these virtual shows in 2021.

I could not have done any of this without the support of family, friends, galleries etc, all of whom were doing their own hustling, side gigs, multi-tasking and more. You guys rock! As for 2021, I am not going to even try and guess what is going to happen but I just hope I can roll with it. And I hope you can too. See you on the other side.

Two of my recent scroll paintings - “Between Sea and Sky” and “Orange Sky Daybreak” currently available at Exhibit B Gallery in Souderton, PA.

This Month’s Events

Through January 30, 2021

“EVERYDAY MAGIC", Juried Group Art Show
at Exhibit B Gallery, 15 North Main Street, Souderton, Pennsylvania.

Gallery Hours: Please check the gallery website for public hours or schedule a private appointment: 215-799-0266
The show is also available to shop online.

I have three works in this wonderful group art show (one has since sold, but as of this writing, I have two paintings still available for purchase).

I also made a virtual tour of the show, which you can view on Facebook here.

January 2-31, 2021

FEATURED ARTIST at Meadowood Senior Living, Schultz Center, 3205 W. Skippack Pike, Worcester, Pennsylvania.

I will have 20-plus paintings in this solo show at a retirement community. Due to the pandemic, however, this art show will be open to Meadowood Residents only. I will be posting photos from the show to my social media and if there is a painting you wish to purchase, contact me and I’ll get you touch with Meadowood staff.

Ongoing Representation

Ivystone Studio, 138 Moore Road, Downingtown, Pennsylvania.

Borrelli's Chestnut Hill Gallery, One East Gravers Lane, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Deja 42 Art Gallery, ​1912 E. Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Virtual Studio Tour

Art Studio Tour with Lynnette Shelley

Can’t make it out to see my art in person? Visit my studio virtually! This video was recorded just before Christmas. If you do want to stop by the studio (located in Norristown, PA), I am allowing private visits for interested collectors at no more than two people at a time. Masks must be worn at all times. Please message me to book an appointment. Please note the studio is not handicap accessible as it can only be reached by staircase.


Thank You!

Lynnette Shelley

artwork by Lynnette Shelley

Comments