Latest Artwork: Telling Secrets

This latest artwork was inspired by seeing both of these creatures on my drive home from the studio on particular day a couple of weeks ago. I was driving and I looked over and saw a large, shaggy crow on a telephone pole by the side of a road next to a quarry. While crows are very common around here, I can only recall seeing an actual raven out in the wild in this area twice. And then, not five minutes later, a Great Blue Heron flew right in front of my car while I was driving on the highway. Great blue herons are more common but usually they don't fly right in front of your car. So I thought about putting them in a picture together, as both of them are solitary but strong animal totems. In real life, ravens are predators of heron's eggs and chicks.

For more on Great Blue Heron as an animal totem, click here. For more on the raven, click here.

Or course, a couple of days after I started this painting, an owl flew in front of my car (in the middle of the day) while I was driving back from dropping off some artwork. I think all this is telling me I need to get out of my car and walk in the woods more ;)

Telling Secrets

Original is available for sale. 
TO PURCHASE: Email Lynnette.

DETAILS:
Price: $1000. Shipping and Layaway Available
Dimensions:  15 x 22 inches
Medium: mixed media on Aquabord
Year Created: 2016

http://lynnetteshelley.com/telling-secrets.html








Comments