Happy New Year + 2015 in Review

Happy New Year!

January Newsletter from Artist Lynnette Shelley
www.LynnetteShelley.com

Hello everyone! I just want to take a moment to wish everyone a happy new year and I hope your holidays were lovely. I also wish to thank everyone who has shared my art journey with me this past year - whether as a client or as another artist I've worked with. Your support means alot to me.

Before we dive into the New Year, I'd like to reflect back on this past year's highlights. 

Another artist I know (Hi Wendy!) likes to look back and write a list of their accomplishments from the past year before penning a "to do" list of things they would like to see happen in the new year. I think this is a good idea so I penned a list of highlights from this past year. Feel free to let me know some of your own accomplishments as well. I think writing a list of your past year is a good way to take stock of where you are going in your career or life.


1. I created 89 new artworks this past year. While it's not my record breaker (I created 91 artworks the year before),  it's still within my goal of creating at least 80 new works per year. (To see my latest artworks, scroll towards the bottom of this email for my most recent works). That being said, there are still two days left of 2015 so I may get in one or two more small art pieces for a tie.

2. I sold my highest priced painting to date direct through me (without going through a gallery). My goal for next year is to increase this number (as well as frequency of direct sales).

3. I participated in over 30 art exhibitions this past year (not counting shows at galleries where I am always represented). I don't have a specific goal in terms of amount of shows I want to do, but I would like to increase the number of high profile and 'selling' shows since I have to prioritize my time.

4. Not counting print sales or licensing fees, I sold 45 original artworks this year, which is within my goal of selling at least half what I produce for each given year. This number has beat all previous years selling figures for the number of original artworks sold. My goal for 2016-7 is to increase my sales of larger more expensive pieces as well as create more steady sales if possible.

5. I participated in two non regional art shows this year  in Florida and in Massachusetts. Ideally I would like to increase this number in the future, preferably with a gallery that wants to seriously represent my work. That will be a goal for the near future.

6. My work was published in two contemporary art anthologies this year: Contemporary Wildlife Art by author Cindy Ann Coldiron (Schiffer Books) and The Contemporary Art of Nature: Mammals by author Ashley Rooney (Schiffer Books). Both books highlight the work of contemporary American animal artists.

7. One of my paintings ("The Monkey's Tale") was featured in a newspaper article in the Bucks County Courier this past fall. The article reviewed a group show I participated in called "The Call of the Wild" at The Gallery at Lower Bucks Campus, Bucks County Community College, Bristol, Pennsylvania. In the review, the reporter said my work "The Monkey's Tale" was one of the most striking works in the exhibition.You can see the cover photo here and read an excerpt of the review here. Click here if you want to buy my painting :)

8. Other highlights can't be quantified - making new friends at art events, working with the wonderful gallery owners I meet etc. I also really enjoyed showing at artist Jennifer Domal's studio at this past year's Chester County Studio Tourand plan to return there in 2016 (also joined by my artist friend Thomas Del Porte.) Stay tuned for details!  I will also be working with Jennifer again for a two person show at Rehoboth Art League's Art Studios in Lewes, DE this coming August 2016. We have some very exciting artworks planned for this show....

Here's looking forward to 2016!




Current & Upcoming Art Shows

Through November 30, 2015
Solo Art Exhibition at The High Point Cafe, 602 Carpenter Lane, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Through January 9, 2016
Square Foot Art Basel Miami Three, Projects Gallery at Wynwood Lofts, Unit 206, 250 NW 23rd St. (at NW 2nd Ave.), Miami, Florida.
Art Receptions on January 9, 2016, 7-10 PM

Through January 4, 2016
Handmade Holidays Art Exhibition at Gallery Direct, English Village Shopping Center, 1460 Bethlehem Pike, North Wales, Pennsylvania.

Through January 31. 2016
 Mala Galleria, 206 East State Street, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.

January 6 - February 27, 2016
Winter Exhibition at JAM Gallery, 321 East King Street, Malvern, Pennsylvania. Art Reception onJanuary 9, 5-8 PM.


January 21 - March 14, 2016
The Engineering of Art (invitational group exhibit), Henry Gallery at Pennsylvania State University, Great Valley Campus, 30 East Swedesford Road, Malvern, Pennsylvania.
Opening Reception January 21, 6-8 PM.


February 3-7, 2016 | Art Show at Malvern Retreat House, Malvern, Pennsylvania. Reception Feb. 4, 5-8 PM.

March 1-26, 2016 | Featured Artist / Solo Art Show, The Palette & The Page, 120 East Main Street, Elkton, Maryland. Opening Reception March 4, 5pm-8pm.


Lynnette with one of her artworks at Gallery Direct in North Wales, PA

Comments