First Artwork of 2015: The Hunter (Great Horned Owl)

Happy New Year! Here is my first artwork of 2015. It is a larger size piece as I have plans to make some more larger size works for possible inclusion in some major shows this coming year as well as in proposals for a large building currently looking to purchase artworks for permanent display. So keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed on that one....

With this new artwork I experimented with using some acrylic paints by Pebeo to create some interesting textural effects in the background of the artwork. I used their Fantasy Moon and Fantasy Prisme line. This swirled on top of ink mixed with water to get the marbelized and textural effect you see in the background of this piece. What you can't tell from photos is that some of the effects are raised and almost give off an enamel look. I'll have to experiment some more on future pieces to see where I can push this.

The Hunter (Great Horned Owl)

Original is available for sale. 
TO PURCHASE: Email Lynnette or call 215.646.1776.

DETAILS:
Price: $2000
Artwork Dimensions: 22 x 30 inches
Medium: mixed media on Aquabord
Year Created: 2015










Comments