Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge, Smyrna, DE


My parents recently moved to Smyrna, DE, and while Smyrna (in my opinion) does not have much going for it, it does have a truly fabulous wildlife sanctuary that is home to many marsh birds and animals: Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge. This was my second trip to Bombay Hook, and while it was still early in the season, we still had a decent number of sightings of Great Blue Herons, snowy egrets and other marsh and shore birds.

These are a few photos and videos that I managed to get. I hope to go back again later this year and spend some more time there, and perhaps paint there as well.

Please click on images to enlarge

Great Blue Heron


Another Great Blue Heron
A short video to show the lonely marsh landscape


marsh birds (sand pipers? and other assorted birds)

Is Brandon Lord Ross contemplating jumping, or am I contemplating pushing?

The 'rents






































Comments