Work in Progress: To Be Titled (Two Bison), Day Two

Today I worked some more on my new bison artwork. After doing a little research I now have a name to go with the artwork (as well as an interesting story to go along with it) but I am not going to reveal it until after the artwork is finished. I believe titles are very important for a finished artwork - almost as important as the actual artwork as they influence people's reaction to the piece as well as reveal the intention of the artist. Some titles are neutral, so as to let the viewer come to their own conclusion about the artwork, while others are more emotionally-based and still others are more esoteric or mysterious or perhaps even silly. All of these set the mood for how the artwork will be eventually viewed. Titles, like names, have power. As such, I've decided to not say what the name of this piece is until it's finished.

I took some photos of the artwork at various stages today. Please click on an image to view it larger. You will see toward the last few pictures I started a red undercoat on the second bison, however, he's eventually going to be a white bison, but his undercoat needs to be darker to add definition and depth to the paint layers.

Day Two work in progress photos
36  x 36 inches, acrylic on gallery wrap canvas










Comments