Latest Artwork: "Goldfish"

I need to create more smaller works for some spring art shows so last night I started another mini artwork, which I finished up earlier today. It's ink, iridescent gold acrylic and coffee on 6 x 9" cold-press watercolor paper. See pics below. I scanned it to show the details but I also took a photograph, which shows the metallic gold effects better.

photograph of "Goldfish", Mixed Media on Paper

Scan of "Goldfish", mixed media on paper


In addition, I have been researching the three hares motif found in in art and architecture sites throughout the globe and across religious groups. It's an archetypal and ancient image of three hares entwined in a circular pattern, joined by their ears, which forms a triangle in the center of the image. This type of thing, of course, is right up my alley, and I am in the planning stages of an artwork based off of this image. I just got a new shipment of wood panels that came in the other day, that I'll probably be using.

Comments