Drawing Day 2011

I decided to participate in this year's Drawing Day. For those of you unfamiliar with the event, it's a worldwide celebration of drawing. Everyone has 24 hours to draw as many artworks as they can, or just one, or two, and the artworks get posted up online on participating sites. Last year I was vending at an arts festival during Drawing Day so I was unable to participate but this year I had my pencils all sharpened and ready to go. 

I woke up early, and started a drawing. Three hours later, I decided the drawing wasn't going to work and started another one on the same subject. I also rejected this one. I was a few minutes into my third drawing, when I had an emergency with my cat and had to run him to the 24-hour vet. Several hours later (and $430 dollars poorer, but the cat seems fine now), I got back home with an hour to spare until the midnight deadline.

So the following artwork was made in about an hour or so (not counting drying time for the ink/wine wash when I had prepped the paper earlier in the day). 

"Peacock Blue"
6 x 9 inches
Ink and Red Wine on Strathmore cold-press watercolor paper.

 

Comments