The Dryad's Doppleganger

I am pleased as punch. 


Some of you may remember seeing my artwork "The Dryad" from earlier posts (and I've posted it below as well). A stained glass artist that I know (Patrice Schelkun) and I got together and she created a piece in stained glass based off of "The Dryad".  I had always thought some of my artwork would work well as stained glass, so I am very pleased at the opportunity to see this idea in practice.  We will be showing both pieces together at my upcoming solo show from Feb. 4-27 at Nichols Berg Gallery in Philadelphia.

Info:

February 4-27, 2011
Solo art show at
Nichols Berg Gallery,
8611 Germantown Avenue (Chestnut Hill), Philadelphia, PA; 206-380-4070.

Artist Reception Feb. 4,
6 to 9 PM.

Photos:

My original artwork: "The Dryad", Metal Leaf and Mixed Media on Paper, 25x19"




Patrice Schelkun's work:







Here is Patrice's website if you want to see more of her work:
http://patriceschelkun.com/
 

Comments