August Art Events and Tardy Postings

I have been REALLY bad and keeping this blog up-to-date lately, so to make up for it I have an extra long post today.

First up: I have several exciting art events going on in August. Not only is it my birthday month, but it's the two year anniversary of my having gone back into the art and design world full-time and working for myself. Considering the precarious state of affairs of the economy, I feel privileged to be able to make a living doing what I like to do best.

August 7, 2009 | First Friday Arts Fair on Main Street in Doylestown. Sidewalk Art Sale in front of Main St. Baptist Church at 57 S. Main Street, Doylestown, PA. 6-9:30 PM. I will be vending some signed giclee (archival) art prints, as well as featuring a couple of original works. Partial proceeds to charity.

August 14-September 3, 2009 | 12th annual group Juried Exhibition “Inner Essence at Tyme Gallery, 17 W. Eagle Road, Havertown PA. Opening art reception is August 14 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM. I will be featuring my artwork "Icon III". Visit Tyme Gallery's website at http://www.tymegallery.com

Through September 7, 2009 | "Art of the Gecko" Art Show and Sale, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1900 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA. Gecko art show runs in conjunction with the Academy's live gecko exhibit. Artwork exhibit consists of various local artists' displays of gecko creations – look for my work entitled “Golden Gecko”. Visit the Academy's website at http://www.ansp.org

In addition to the “Golden Gecko” on display in the museum, I now have three original artworks in the Academy’s gift shop: “Conjoined: The Geckos”, “The Lizard King” and “Butterfly I”. You can view these artworks on my gallery page at http://www.lynnetteshelley.com or see below. In addition, signed and matted archival art prints (giclees) of these artworks are also available for purchase in the gift shop. Please note the gecko artwork will only be on sale in the gift shop for the duration of the gecko exhibit only; however, “The Lizard King” and “Butterfly I” will be on ongoing featured item (until sold). Prints will be on sale indefinitely.


Upcoming Events

September 4-7, 2009 | Dragon Con Art Show, Grand Hall West located in the Atlanta Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, Georgia. I will be featuring over 30 original artworks (and 80 fine art prints) for this convention, which is one of the largest annual Science Fiction and Fantasy theme conventions in the world. See http://www.dragoncon.org


Sales


To purchase prints, tshirts or other art merchandise, please visit http://www.lynnetteshelley.com/store.html. If you don't see something available as a print or t-shirt that you would like to purchase, please let me know and I will square that away. To inquire about original artwork sales or commissions, please email redeye@designbyredeye.com.
In the future, I will be offering signed and matted prints for sale through my site. Stay tuned….

I have been very busy this month but here are just a few recent works, including some commissioned work. I have wrapped up my ICON series (see www.lynnetteshelley.com/featured.html and I plan on starting a new series based on Alice in Wonderland. I am already planning out a Red Queen portrait. Stay tuned for details....




Coinjoined: The Geckos



Butterfly I



The Lizard King



Bengal Tiger



The Garden



Garden II



The Water Horse

Comments