Arist Profile: "Mighty" Joe Castro



Instead of a furry primate profile for Monkey Monday, I am profiling another primate of sorts, one who also shares my fondness for our close relatives with prehensile tails, and is a cool artist and designer to boot: Joe Castro.

According to Joe's official verbiage:

Joe Castro is a Philadelphia based artist, musician, designer and filmmaker. His paintings and collages have been shown in galleries throughout Philadelphia, DE and NJ. Originally from Delaware, he was the guitar player in Nero, Swingline and The Situation and has performed throughout the United States. He currently runs his own graphic design business, Red Attic Design Studio and is a board member of the Wilmington Skate Project. For more information, please visit mightyjoecastro.com


I first met Joe back in college in Delaware when we were both a part of the state's small original music scene. I was in my first band, Razor Blue, (a sort of alternative rock band), and he was the guitarist in my favorite local band, Nero. See super rare footage of Nero performing in 1996 at New Castle Air Transport Command below.



So when Joe forwarded me his latest art happenings I am happy to post it here. Those of you who follow my art escapades know that I did a group show with Joe, among others, back in October at Mugshots. Now Joe has taken over the joint with a solo art show and his artist reception is this coming Saturday from 4-7 PM. Check it out.

According to Joe: "There's 17 pieces in all - a good mix of brand new collages, limited edition art prints and some random paintings and drawings. Everything hanging will be for sale at special holiday recession prices so bring some loot and buy some gifts. There will be wine, there will be coffee, there will be bros."




Joe's personal website is here and his Etsy shop is here.

Comments