Grab Your Crayons

Normally I am not too big into computer and video games. I mean, I like the idea in theory. I watch my husband play them. Sometimes I try and play them with him, but usually get annoyed at some point and give up. Not to date myself but when I grew up, we had Pong. Remember Pong? Pong is about the depth of what I can handle in the video game department. I can never remember what the different buttons on the controller do. In fighting games I sometimes luck out only through blindly clicking on things I can sometimes kill my opponent. Sometimes. In theory.

I am also no good at figuring out a 360 degree game plan on a 2D medium. Something always comes up behind me and kills me while I'm trying to turn around or I end up face to face with a brick wall while action goes on behind me and am unable to turn around in time.


I have better luck with games that involve solving puzzles. I was a fan of Silent Hill because my husband and I could tagteam play the game: he was good at controlling the joystick and I was good at solving the puzzles.

Anyway, I just read about this new computer game that involves drawing AND solving puzzles. This sounds more my speed. Check out Crayon Physics Deluxe.

According to the review:

Crayon Physics Deluxe is a 2D physics puzzle game, in which you get to experience what it would be like if your drawings would be magically transformed into real physical objects. Solve puzzles with your artistic vision and creative use of physics.


Okay, so not very action heavy, but still interesting. This is more like Pictionary vs Tetris. Now if they can just invent a game where your drawings can battle other drawings. I bet my digital dragon can beat up YOUR digital dragon.... ;)

Watch a video of Crayon Physics Deluxe below, or download the original prototype here for free.

Comments