Co-Ops, Design & Dragons

I started a new web design project this past week that is turning out to be pretty interesting. A local author has formed an author's co-op of sorts, and wants a website to promote all the co-op members and their books. I could see this being applied to all sorts of groups: from musicians to visual artists to filmmakers. For example, a group of film students could share props, equipment and actors and then help each other on their various movies, pool the expenses and share resources and promotions. A film festival, if promoted correctly, is more likely to garner a crowd than a single independent film with little exposure.

Perhaps with more and more consolidations in the media, the creative co-op is the way of the future for the independent artist, musician, author or filmmaker.




Above: Here's a screenshot of the beginnings of the design work on the author's co-op. The site is pretty extensive, and will most likely feature 50 or more author profiles and information on all of their books.


I will also be uploading the new Comus band website early next week - just waiting on the hosting process to finalize. Screenshot below:




Tomorrow I meet with someone who has an art commission for one of my red dragon designs. They seem to be getting popular lately. I was also contacted by a music festival in Montreal about using one of my dragon designs as part of their logo. I should find out more info on that this coming week.



In the meantime, I am also prepping about a dozen works for my upcoming solo art exhibit (August and September 2008) at The High Point in Philadelphia. I have finalize which pieces I will show as well as get them matted and framed. I will most likely show some of my dragons, as well as some of my oil pastel and mixed media works: "The Mandrill", and "Sadie" for example. I am hoping to finish another larger piece in this style before the show as well. I need to decide what my subject should be....

Any suggestions, please email redeye (at) designbyredeye (dot) com.

Comments