The Spider Is The Web: The Sequel

I met up with David Pym last night... if you read my previous post on the subject, you'll remember that Pym and I collaborated on an animated short film that was recently shown at the Toronto Film Festival. Specifically, he animated some of my artwork for a cool lil' cartoon featuring creepy mosquitoe and spider creatures, and I also helped brainstorm the story line. Pym also created some really cool liquid effects for the film as well. Anyway, he's now working on a new vesion of the film, to be used as a video for The Red Masque song "The Spider Is The Web" off of their new album, Fossil Eyes (due out late June 2008). So I submitted some more drawings for him to work with. I saw his storyboard of the video and it looks like its coming along really well. I'll also be designing the DVD cover once it's complete. I also need to make Pym a website as well.

This is not the first Pym/Red Masque collaboration. Last year, he made a short film that was featured at the Lovecraft Film Festival in the Pacific Northwest and The Red Masque supplied the soundtrack. You can listen to some of it here. Film stills can be previewed here.

Comments