The Green Dragon





I finished up "Green Dragon" the other day. This is one of three works that will be featured at an upcoming group arts show on June 7 at the Koresh Dance Studio in Philadelphia. I am actually at work on "Green Dragon No. 2" (I really must be more creative with what I name these things) as a companion piece but I won't be finished it for another week I would think. These smaller pieces typically take several days to create (larger pieces like "The Leopard") can take almost a month (though I am not working on them non-stop).

"Green Dragon" is one of my smaller pieces: it measures 11" x 14" without the matte and frame, and is made with pen and ink, colored pencils, and copper, white and silver paint. Along with Green Dragon, I will be showing "The Lemur" (see previous post on the topic on this blog) and "The Eagle". The Koresh Arts Event will feature various art disciplines (performance art, dance, musicians etc.) and will feature two showings: 6 and 8 PM on June 7. The studio is located at 2020 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA; 215-751-0959. Visit www.koreshdance.org for more info.

Comments