Comus

So, I've been asked to create a website for the amazing 70's psychedelic folk rock band, Comus. Their album, "First Utterance" (1971) is one of my top five favorite albums of all times - very dark, weird, psychedelic/progressive folk rock with dark lyrics, and highly influential to a number of artists. Check out a well-written review here. Also, for the graphically-inclined, the album "First Utterance" has an amazing pen and ink illustration on their cover. Check out their Myspace page to interact with the band for now.

So it's a real honor for me to get to make their website. They are still gathering some info for the site, so I am not quite ready to start it yet, but were nice enough to send me a signed Comus poster.

Here is a youtube video of their most recent reunion show at Mellowboat. The song is called "Song to Comus". They may be coming to play the West Coast in the US, so I hope I can somehow make it out there to see it.



Below is an album version of the same song:

Comments